9 Common Mistakes to Avoid in College Level Essay Writing
Some may find it to be a tough job to write an essay. Good essay writing also takes one’s considerable amount of time. If one does not possess good writing skills, he/she may find the task of writing essay really tough. There are various agencies as essay doc, which help in writing essay.
They seek the essay requirements and produce finely crafted contents on the desired topics. The advantage of taking professional help is that the time is saved and also one gets a creative result in the end. However, it’s not necessary for those who’ve got a flare to write.
Most of the selective colleges have their criteria for entrance to submit an essay. They may require one to submit an essay or statement of purpose. One should avoid some common mistakes while writing college level essays:
- Basic sanity should be maintained – there should not be punctuation or grammatical errors.
- One should avoid framing long sentences – they should be simple and repetition of words should be avoided to make the content more compelling.
- Content of the essay should be original – one should personalize the essay, and not just make it informative, but also contribute original points. Facts and figures can of course be picked up from recent studies and references.
- While using stats, proper footnotes, and references need to be cited – you can’t randomly cook up some numbers.
- Proper structure should be framed before getting started with essay writing such as introduction, content, conclusion, etc.
- One should take into account for whom the essay is to be written. Efforts should be made to help the reader understand it easily.
- Word limit should be maintained as per the requirements, and it can also be a matter of choice.
- One should not deviate from the subject matter – many a times, while writing, people tend to shift to a whole new topic and forget about the original one. So, one should emphasize on the topic, and make it a point to elaborate it, but not stray away from the basic topic.
- Complicated words should not be overused to show off the vocab – one should use words judiciously, and make the essay understandable for the readers.
Improve Your Chances of Selection
It is worth mentioning here that essay writing is a unique opportunity for candidates that can actually make a difference at the time of taking admission to decide for the admission committee. If the test scores and high school grades are good, the chances of getting shortlisted doubles as the admission committee will put more weight on scores.
On the Whole
However, selective colleges often experience the problem of choosing from among the worthy candidates with similar scores, and grades. These colleges take into consideration the “recommendation letters”, and “extra-curricular activities” along with the “essays” to decide on admission.
In a nutshell, improving your writing skills will always improve your chances of professional growth, and aid in the process of career development.